Sunday 31 August 2014

Our New GD Amy Lassiter and her amazing layout

Czas by poznać naszą czwartą Gościnną Projektantkę - Amy Lassiter. Amy będzie nam towarzyszyć przez kolejne 3 miesiące. Dziś przygotowała dla nas piękny layout, ale najpierw zobaczmy co opowiedziała nam o sobie :)
It's time to meet our 4th Guest Designer- Amy Lassiter. Amy will be with us for next 3 months. Today she has a beautiful layout for us but first let's see what she told us about herself :)

***


I am a wife to my best friend from college, and the mother to three daughters. I recently relocated to Des Moines, Iowa, USA, after living in Kansas for 38 years. I currently work as a mixed media artist and designer, creating with layers and an eclectic, free, and soulful vibe. 
 
***
 
Hello creatives! I am very excited to share my first project 
as a guest designer for 13 Arts! Today I am sharing a layout I created 
using a photo of me when I had a bad day. My bad days have gone since 
making a life change, and now I am happy to share a "down time" that was
 good to look at in retrospect. :) 

For this layout, I began by cutting out a square in the middle of 
the Today, tomorrow, always paper, and flipping the square over to show 
the pattern on the opposite side. Since I turned the paper at an angle, I
 filled the open areas with bits from a vintage book page. 
 
 
I created a background using many different 13 Arts mediums, a brayer, palette knife, stenciling, and stamping. Layering chipboard wrapped with copper wire,and metal bits and bobs around the photo was a good way to draw the eye to the strange black and white image. :) I added a few 13 Arts stickers, to create my title, as well as the wings to add a bit of softness.
I really like this layout, and how unique and different it is...it was a joy to create with such wonderful products. Thank you Aida for the opportunity, and I can't wait to share another creation next month!
 
 Products Used: Paper: Today, tomorrow, always Stickers: Fly Away Mediums: Ayeeda Paint: Metallic Blue, Metallic Pink, Matte Mint, Matte Turquoise,Matte White Mist Pastel: Raspberry, Blue, Black Splash! Inks: Black, White Ayeeda Gesso: White Ayeeda Medium: Modeling Paste
***
Dziękujemy Amy za jej piękny projekt!
Thank you Amy for your beautiful project!

2 comments:

  1. Love your style Amy!! You are so passion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your style, love this page, love the expressive vibe.

    ReplyDelete